Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa... can you hear me?

First things first, I haven't blogged in ages so I think I've pretty much lost my touch. But who am I kidding? I probably never had it in the first place.

So here goes, I'll probably be wasting my next hour or two typing this out...

18th December, my maid disappeared. 'Disappear' may not be the right word, because what actually happened was that she asked my parents to give her a one-day off, and they agreed. So my parents dropped her at the LRT station, and she never came back. In essence, the word 'sent her off goodbye' would be a better description than 'she disappeared'.

She had been the best maid we had so far. She's very initiative. She does pretty much everything everyday without needing to be asked. And I mean every damn thing on every damn day. That's how efficient she is. Maybe she was just bored, but I thought all maids preferred to be bored than to have work to do. Not to mention, she was also very friendly with the family and the dog and have a top notch sense of humour. Its weird that she should run away, since we treat her very well and she always seemed contented. But I guess no one would ever feel content unless they have absolute freedom.

However I think of this event as an opportunity. All my siblings do, too. Its an opportunity for us to be more independent, to do our own housework, and to be honest, it gives me a sense of mastery over my life in a way I have never had before. So yes, its actually a good thing she left.

21st December, flew to Hong Kong, landed late at night, checked into the hotel close to midnight. We went for a night stroll looking for food like the typical Malaysians we are, always jalan-jalan cari makan. Surprisingly, even after midnight, Hong Kong was still bustling with plenty of food outlets still operating, with plenty of hongkees patronizing them and just walking about the roads. It was also shocking to see that around every corner there was a 7-11 or Circle K or any other convenient stores. Convenient stores were littered everywhere, to the point that you can get to a convenient store by foot within 5-10 minutes from any one point in Hong Kong.

Did I also mention that the hotel room we checked into was extremely small? It was so tiny, that there wasn't even enough space to put the luggage without having to block the path.

22nd December, tour guide brought us to see around Hong Kong until late evening. I can't remember the details so I'll just leave it at that for now. XD

23rd December, we had the first half of the day to ourselves, and basically what we did was just walk around finding food and doing some shopping. Then came the evening when the tour guide picked us up and brought us to Lui Yan Kai (female road?), a street equivalent to that of our Petaling Street. Nothing much to see there, not as good as it was made to sound. Had our dinner, and went to Victoria Peak by bus. It was a long and winding journey driving up the mountain. The tour guide gave us very little time to spend in Madam Tussaudes, and we had to make haste through the wax statues. The procedure was simple, we rushed to queue, pose, snap, and NEXT! No time to even read who it was we were taking pics with, or their history. In that respect the tour guides kinda suck.

What to do? Apparently, in Hong Kong, the government is very strict in issuing tour agent licenses. Hence, little competition in the industry, which leads to less effort being expanded on their part to survive.

24th December... Wei I'm tired already lah. I'll continue blogging in the next post. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
 

Hell Freezes Over © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner