Saturday, April 04, 2009

Hold My Own and Drive

Ding Yan sent me the link to a free online DISC test just now and I thought it was an interesting test to do! You guys reading this should try it too, and do let me know what your results are!

D I S C = Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Compliance

At first when I did the test I thought whoever gets D must be an asshole. And halfway through the test I realized I was probably gonna get a D... Lol!!

Here are my results, seriously damn extreme weh, I knew I wasn't gonna be a C or S but wasn't expecting it to be THIS extreme... Click on the pictures to enlarge, but make sure you do the test yourself first before reading the description of the results!

Click here for the link to the test!





Btw, watched the movie "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People" on DVD just now with my family. Excellent comedy! Damn random too haha. The main actor, Simon Pegg, is extremely talented with his facial expressions and body language. Kirsten Dunst and Megan Fox stars in this movie as well, and that should be enough to motivate you guys to watch it!

Oh btw something interesting happened to me today. This will be long and boring for you and I am writing it only for my own reading, so feel free to skip it as you please. Usually on the dinner table I always tell my mum that "over-ordering is better than under-ordering", and I always tell them to order as much as they think we can consume. I mean come on lah, why risk starvation right? My sister argued that we can always order extras if it turns out we didn't order enough, but let's be honest, we tend to settle for whatever's on the table, as long as it fills our stomach, under-ordered or not. Rarely do we place a second order.

Anyway usually we always manage to finish the food on the table. Today however my siblings decided to pick on me. Halfway through dining, two of my siblings said they were not hungry and that they can't eat much. They looked at the amount of food left on the table and realized we weren't gonna be able to finish it. And then they started blaming me for my philosophy of always over-ordering, saying that I am wasteful by nature, and all sorts of other nonsense which are all not true. I retaliated and a heated argument ensued. But every time I try to get my points across, my siblings would dismiss my opinion (they are probably all D's like me as well, LOL) and won't even bother considering my points. They were convinced that today, I would not be able to finish the food.

So if words won't prove them wrong, my actions will. I challenged them all to stop eating and leave all the food to me. I went on to further dare them to place a bet with me. If I finish everything on the table, they pay me RM50. And if I fail, I pay them RM50. I was confident I would have no problems winning the bet at all.

And what do you know, all of them did not dare to take up the bet! Hahahaha! After all that big talk, I was amazed that they did not dare to even place a bet with me. My elder sister even gave the excuse of being low on cash. I immediately slammed her directly, "well since you're so confident that I am a wasteful person and will not be able to finish all the food, why not take up the bet and win RM50 from me? That's free profit for you!"

Nevertheless none of them took up the bet. My dad was bored enough to bet RM5 with me. Later, after some fiery exchange of words, my younger sister betted RM2 with me. And then I dared my elder sister to bet with me her handmade earrings (which she claims can be marketable for RM15 per pair) in return for my cash. She betted 5 pairs.

And guess who won the bets? Me, of course. It may be hard to believe, but eating food is my specialty. After clearing plate after plate of dishes my siblings began to worry, and as I was clearing the last plate, a panicked elder sister told me "Hey if you don't eat faster the food in your stomach will digest and it is not fair for my part! So we will add in a new condition: If you don't finish the food in 5 more minutes you lose the bet!" and then my younger sister added in, "You will have to pay RM1 for every minute you exceed!"

I was like WTF... Come on, are you that afraid of losing? It is only logical to take a longer time to eat a larger quantity of food. You can't expect a person to finish three bowls of rice within the time needed by another person to finish one bowl of rice, right? So anyway I explained that to them (and again they refused to accept my explanation), and told my younger sister that I agree to pay RM1 for every minute in excess of the 5 minutes, but in return, she must pay me RM1 for every minute I saved if I finish it before the 5-minute period.

And I finished the food in 3 minutes. LOL! They tried to cheat by telling me that all the side dishes eg. negligible scrapes of meat on chicken bones, onions and ginger used primarily as supplementary flavouring for dishes etc must be finished as well. I thought that was utter bullshit and luckily, so did my parents, who backed me up on that.

My goal was never to win, my goal was only to prove them wrong and silence them for good.

So moral of the story, don't take a bet with me. I know what I'm doing.

Oh by the way. A few months back, my sister came back from London and decided to cook dinner for us all. I complained that her portions were way too little (telling her that it is always better to overcook than undercook), and the next day she retaliated by cooking extravagant portions of food for the family. And when my parents commented on the huge portions, she started picking on me, saying I 'asked for it'. She obviously cooked the insane amounts intentionally, and she seemed so satisfied at herself for hatching up such an ingenious plan to undermine me. But in the end, of course, I finished the food without even realizing it myself and left her speechless. Mwahahaha!

Anyway I'm off for supper now, bye!
 

Hell Freezes Over © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner