Thursday, January 01, 2009

Melodies of Life

First of all, Happy New Year everyone!

Spent my holidays mostly by myself. I had vowed to study the chapters I skipped for exams, namely Law of Torts, Auditor's Responsibility, Corporate Governance and Receivership and Managers. I am completely clueless as to what those chapters' contents are. Hell, I'm not even sure if I got the names of the chapters right... But alas, I didn't read any of them at all xD

I had also planned to finish some books which I bought but never flipped a single page of before. Mission failed. Somehow books and holidays just don't match xD

Instead, I spent my holidays dedicating myself to my journal on lowyat.net. Not going to post the link here but if you happen to find me there, do drop me a message.

The guitar also kept me pretty much occupied. About 2 weeks ago I found a classical guitar solo book for some Final Fantasy songs. Being a FF8 and FF9 fan I have always dreamt of playing Nobue Uematsu's songs on the guitar. The choices of songs are somewhat limited though, but at least they have Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, and To Zanarkand.

Listening to the old Final Fantasy midis made me feel so nostalgic, so much so that I felt like playing the game all over again. In fact I did play FF8 again, but because my PS2 was unable to detect Disc 2, the adventures of my over-leveled characters had to come to a tragic halt.

Songs I really, really wish to play would be:
FF8 - Ami
FF8 - Balamb Garden
FF8 - Waltz for the Moon
FF9 - Loss of Me
FF9 - Hunter Chance
FF9 - Vamo' alla Flamenco

My family and I went back to Taiping after Christmas. More of a leisure trip than a vacation. Dropped by Penang and Lumut as well. My best memories of the trip are the food and the buttache I got from sitting too long in the car.

Anyway here are some pictures from Lumut's hotel. Don't know why they've got a cage behind their hotel for.


Peacock in Lumut



Obese chicken. Potential raw material for KFC xD



See? Damn fat right the chicken?


I guess that pretty much sums up my holidays. And also the new class time table seriously sucks, as always. Oh and if you haven't watched Yes Man yet, go watch it, nao!!! Guaranteed satisfaction xD
 

Hell Freezes Over © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner