Monday, July 07, 2008

Slow on Sunday Morning

Do you remember anything from your past?

What about your childhood?

The time when you were still young (and dumb xD).

Damn, sometimes I think back and wish I could experience it all over again.

I still remember there was once I dug my nose in the garden and stuck the nose shit on the wall of the longkang, and lo and behold, believe it or not the nose shit started to crawl away from me! I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing o_O From that moment onwards I had this perspective that all nose shits were living creatures dwelling inside our noses, but of course I eventually dropped the ridiculous idea as time passed by and I grew older. Until today, the unexplainable phenomenon still remains a mystery to me and I smile everytime I happen to reminisce bout it.

Back when I was in standard three, I lived in Bandar Sunway and I went to school in Subang Jaya. That was the first year I started to take a bus to school, and the kids on the bus formed a community amongst themselves. I remember how we used to split ourselves into two huge groups and declared war on each other. We would each take our positions on both ends of the bus, and started launching paper bullets at one another using rubber bands (it really hurts btw!). I loved the fact that EVERYONE on the bus was involved, and I always found it amusing how the bus uncle would scold us and force us to clean up the mess before we got off the bus.

There was also this girl on the bus whom I had a crush on. I remember how one day she nearly fell off the bus when the bus took a sharp corner (she was standing at the entrance) and how the co-driver narrowly managed to grab her (no dirty thoughts pls) before she fell out. She cried the whole journey home after that. Poor Amanda =(

By the way, do ANY of you recall how you first came to learn of the word FUCK? Well, I certainly do. It was back in primary one, I remember it clear as day how my best friend Tham Weng Leon told me in class, "hey, do you know what is this?" and showed me the middle finger. I said no, and he bluntly told me that it is called "fuck" and how fuck is a bad word. He was the best friend I could ever ask for. Unfortunately, he left for Singapore in standard two and I never heard from him anymore after that. So Tham, if you happen to be somehow miraculously reading this blog, do let me know!

(Btw, do you still remember one dark, rainy evening when the school was flooded, and class was cancelled? Do you still remember how we went to the toilet together, amidst the darkness, our ankles deep in gushing water? Well then, can you remember how we got the shock of our lives when we saw a ferocious zombie-like creature cannibalising and tearing the toilet facilities apart? We ran for life and came back with our class teacher and all of our classmates, only to find that there was no monster and the toilet was still in perfect condition. How stumped we were. Such vivid memories. Was it only my imagination?)

Just to let you in on another secret, in my primary days me and my friends used to build forts out of tables when the teacher's not in class. We stacked tables upon tables to form a relatively huge fort, a territory we claimed as our own in that miniature classroom, and referred to the structure as our "base". There was an entrypoint and there would be a "security guard" appointed to ensure that only certain friends are allowed into the base. All the security guard ever does, however, is sit on the chair and read a comic book =.="

Rewind time back even further and its back to my Tadika days we go. Aside from wetting my pants, I remember how evil I was to lead a group of five to six kids to bully this one other kid during reccess. I do remember his name but it just isn't coming to me right now, but anyway maybe its better to not mention his name here, else he be coming after me to exact revenge after 16 years lol. I feel extremely guilty about it though, and I would like to apologise to you for what I have done. I'm very very sorry, please forgive me T.T

Well, those were the good ol' times. I have plenty more to tell but I certainly do not think it is practical to pen down too much here, lest this post becomes another one of my long, unending boring posts (I hope it isn't already is).

After all that I've went through, I am now 19 this year and no longer have the opportunity to bask in all the nonsensical glories of my younger years. Bus communities no longer exists for people of my age. There would be no paper bullet wars, there would be no wrestling, there would be no forts constructed from classroom tables. Reality bites and here I am, much less of a kid than I once was. All that's left are the endless lectures and assignments (not that i ever complete them anyway). Regretful, yes, but at 19 we are given the opportunity to hopefully savour and enjoy another (in)valuable phase of life. We can't just be living as kids forever now, can we? We must've got tired of being kids at some point, left it all behind, and ended up where we are now.

I have to go fetch my sister now, so as abrupt as it may be, I am going to end this post right now. Take care people, and all the best!
 

Hell Freezes Over © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner